About TPV Technology
TPV Technology is an internationally-renowned PC monitor and TV manufacturer. It has been listed on both the Hong Kong and Singapore stock exchanges since 1999. TPV serves as an original design manufacturer for some of the best-known TV and PC brands in the industry and distributes its products worldwide under its own brands AOC and Envision. In addition, the company designs, produces and sells Philips-branded monitors, TVs and mobile phones through a license agreement with Philips via its subsidiaries TP Vision and MMD. The company brings high-quality TV sets to the market: smart and easy to use with sophisticated styling. TPV believes in creating products that touch the human senses and are within reach of all consumers in the markets they operate in. As a leader in the Hotel industry, their Hospitality TV division serves most the world’s major international and national hotel groups, as well as individual hotels, hospitals, cruises and other professional facilities.
Global revenues are ~11bn USD, of which ~2bn USD in Europe.
The company has its European Headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and is currently looking for a full-time Senior Legal Counsel/Data Protection Officer (DPO).
The Position offered:
The Senior Legal Counsel / Data Protection Officer supports the business as well as the statutory directors in broad legal matters including but not limited to contract reviews, legal claims, corporate housekeeping, corporate restructuring and Data Protection. The TPV group is headquartered in Taiwan and produces, designs and sales own brand Televisions and Monitors in Europe through several local operating entities and holding companies. The Senior Legal Counsel is responsible for all legal matters in Europe as well as any matters related to the shareholdings of the Dutch holding companies in the entities outside Europe with support from the Junior Legal Counsel.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal advice to business;
- Developing, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and administration of various types of agreements, such as commercial, distribution, purchasing, sales, R&D, software licensing and financing contracts;
- Ensuring compliance with the Global Data Protection Regulation;
- Proactively looking to hedge risk within the businesses;
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the law as it relates to the market and interpreting trends to ensure that activities remain compliant;
- Providing day to day advice to management in relation to company law, corporate governance, legal strategies, statutory requirements and other elements inherent to a stand-alone, international business, headquartered in the Netherlands;
- Working with external legal advisors and lawyers to align the European legal strategy for the company and proactively seeking cooperation for day to day business.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- University degree in Law and 7-10 years of broad legal experience preferably in an internationally operating and dynamic, high-demanding (business) environment
- Experience with commercial contracts and preferably legal issues, in relation to sales & distribution, consumer rights, and software / apps (IT law);
- Good understanding of Data Protection
- Good communication skills in English, and able to work across different cultures. Work experience in an Asian company is a plus;
- Demonstrate maturity, judgment and functional expertise when solving legal issues and ability to solve complex, abstract problems while balancing resource, schedule and financial factors;
- Strong Project Management and excellent prioritizing skills
- Team oriented in an international environment;
- Integrity, trustworthy and stable personality, accountable and professional sensitive
What do we offer you?
- A challenging role in a dynamic and innovative international business
- Excellent opportunities to develop broad legal skills and to grow together with the company
- Competitive rewards
- Fulltime position, but 36 hours a week is negotiable
- International working atmosphere
- Business growth environment
We welcome your application! Do you want to know more about this vacancy? Please contact Sandra Lintel (Corporate Recruiter a.i.) at firstname.lastname@example.org